Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Scrupules Session #03 - Charcoal sketches 1 minute, 3 minute and 20 minute (including 1 still life)

Quick pose where we were encouraged to look only at the model and not the page. 1 minute drawing without looking and 1 minute to correct. A very fun exercise.

Three 1-minute poses.

I think this was a 5 minute pose. I spent time finding the darkest areas of the composition, then ran out of time.

Twenty minute pose. Reworked slightly at home. Something happened between the head and the body though, she looks as if her head isn't attached properly! Oh well!

Still life with watering can and leaves.

Here are some of the sketches from the session yesterday. We did a still life to warm up. This is more interesting than I thought because I have to be much more diciplined about proportion and contrast which then transfers over to the drawing exercises with the model. 
We finished the session with a 20 minute pose which I'm fairly happy with, although I did do some retouching when I got home.

1 comment:

  1. Never mind the neck, I like the sleeping beauty...

    ReplyDelete